Tuesday, September 18, 2007

To my friend...

I met you 3 short years ago and I thought you are one of the most funny women I've met and you're quite spunky for your age. I love your accent and the way you connect with your daughter. You enjoy a good beer and snack with the best of us. You can roll dice and get buncos like nothing I've ever seen...

I got a call a short while ago that one of my friends from my bunco is in a medically induced coma and doesn't have much longer to live.

Yana you are an amazing gal. You've gone through 2 cancers since I've met you and you're a fighter. No one can deny that, you came to bunco with your wigs and ripped them off proclaiming, "it's cooler this way!" We would laugh and you loved your baldness and the money you were saving on shampoo. Nights when you looked down, you always found a way to smile and I've ALWAYS admired that about you. I don't know that I could be so strong and you are definitely a force to not be messed with.

As I can not stand by your side to hold your hand, I walk by your side in my thoughts...

No comments: