Saturday, November 26, 2005

Shopping, Sleeping and Laughing

So the alarm went off at 3:25am. Three snooze hits later and I rolled out of bed. Thank goodness I laid my clothes out the night before because there is no way I could have picked out something that matched. I pulled my hoodie over my head, brushed my teeth and slowly made my way toward the garage. Erin was about in good a good shape as I was. We silently drove to Best Buy.

When we got there, we were 2 whole buildings down. We waited for about an hour, it wasn't too bad. People are entertaining to say the least. Best Buy was on the ball, they had people handing out tags for the bigger items and you could apply for credit while standing in line. We were there to get some cheap cd's and dvd's. When we walked in, there was no line. We kept checking it because that is what slowed us down last year, we stood in line for well over an hour. We walked around and looking up, a line was forming, I ran for it. I was about 30 people back. Not too bad, Erin kept wandering around and we were out of there by 5:30am and on our way to Target since they opened at 6:00am.

We got the dvd player and some other stuff and we were out of there by 6:30am and ready for breakfast before heading to Toys R Us and the mall (or hell as it is now known).

Toys R Us was surprisingly fast but KB Toy store took about an hour and a half. They handed you a bag at the front of the store. I was tempted to hop in it and hop around the store, yes it was that big. So basically you had to walk the whole store to shop, that was the line. We got lots and lots of presents there. We easily filled that bag and walked out with 3 large bags and surprisingly we only spent $90.

We plopped our butts in the car at 9:15am. We were done *hooray*! Time to head home and go to sleep. I remember putting Friends Season 10 on and laughing a little, it was 10:30 when I laid down, when I looked up, it was 3:30pm. Great nap. Time to get ready for George Lopez!

We went to pick up the dogs, they had a slumber party at my mom's house. Came back home to get ready and then headed to Tailgaters before the show. Holy shit! It was wall to wall people. Thankfully, Erin's brother was there at the bar so we had a spot to stand. We ordered some beer, hot wings and chili fries. Damn good hot wings, I've wanted some the rest of the weekend. Great flavor, mmmm. George Lopez was sooo hilarious. He was on for 2 hours and we had great seats. Root beer and popcorn to accompany the show made it that much better.

So Friday was a fun day, similar to last year, except the comedian was Seinfeld. Can't wait till next year!!! Hope everyone's Turkey day was Gobble-tastic!

No comments: