Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Fluttering that Ensues & First Kisses

So I'm sitting at work (big surprise) and taking care of some billing. I'm multi-tasking on Facebook as well. <-- another big surprise. Anywhoodle, for what ever reason I start reminiscing first kisses, well, truth be told, one in particular.

We were standing there and kept having those "long look into my eyes" moments. Then the awkward smile and a quick change of subject. We went round and round this way for quite some time. She finally looked at me and put her hand in mine and said, "I want to kiss you but I want it to be just right and I don't think tonight is the night."

I smiled, a little bummed but completely understanding about it wanting to be just right. She asked me what I thought about that and I simply replied, "I'm always so nervous about the 1st kiss, it tells so much and I always over think it... " by this point I'm rambling. She smiled so cutely at me and before I knew it, she picked up my hand to her lips, kissed it (you can't see this but I'm looking at the spot on my left hand right now) and said, "There. Now we've had our 1st kiss."

One of the sweetest things ever... it was soft and sweet and as sincere as a gentlemyn opening a door for a lady. Quite unforgettable indeed. I thank you for that 1st kiss. I'll always keep that one close.

No comments: