Friday, September 15, 2006

twiddle

it haunts me, i try to cross it but each time i wavier that last step and stand there.
i know i have the power but it fails me every time, just one more step.
if my foot could just go inches forward, i could be near you one more time.
but the idea of being near you is what stops me.
yards before i pull off the road because if i just let my car coast over the bridge, that would be too easy.
this first step must be done by my free will, by the will of my body and under my control.
many times i've driven hours and have failed.
i fail myself, i fail you.
you never knew, you had no idea the power you had, hell, you still have.
i fear it, i fear you.
i know you will see it all over my face, this is what makes it hard to take that one... last... step.
one day i will see you again but once again it will not be today...

No comments: