Monday, September 11, 2006

Cake and some cake and oh yeah? Did I mention there was some cake?

So begins the birthday marathon weekends to come. This past Saturday there was a Bridal shower at 11:00am with some cake not to mention all the food! Then at 5:00pm there was a birthday party with another cake! And pizza. I was proud of myself. I thought I did well but still expecting a weight gain come Monday morning. I had hopped on the scale that morning to show myself all my hard work was paying off and to help keep me in check. Sunday proved even tougher because I drove out of town to another birthday party. Saying there was "some" food there would be a huge understatement. Tri-tip, chicken, hot dogs, potato salad, macaroni salad, rice, corn tortillas, chips, salsa, chili beans, green salad... the list goes on and oh yeah... CAKE!!!

So as I headed home, I considered all the options I had and thought I did fairly well. Not to mention that I went to the gym Saturday and Sunday morning to try and counter the foods that were consumed. I did 40 minutes of high cardio each morning along side the evil "plank."

I hopped on the scale this morning to see the work to get rid of the weekend and... .5 down. I lost weight! Okay I win a little :)

No comments: