Thursday, September 28, 2006

Kern County Fair

Okay, so there aren't many things I super look forward to that this city has to offer. Of all things in the world, I get excited about a Fair. OH yes, I said a fair. Carnies, people dressed up before Halloween, drunks, hay, allergies... I dig it all. What I truly like is the food. I've always gone 2-3 nights to spred out the consumption of food.

Here are my favs:
Curly fries smoothered in nacho cheese - this consists of a 10" plate with a ring of fries (super deep fried) that circle the whole plate and is about 5 inches high and then drenched with nacho cheese. And we pour salt all over it.
Double Cheeseburger-this one stand offers bbq and has a super awesome double cheeseburger that I love.
French Bread Pizza- you get about a 1/2 loaf of french bread with pepperoni, cheese and sauce. It kicks ass.
Egg Roll on a Stick-It's big and it's on a stick.
Polish Corn Dog-Another good thing on a stick.
Baked Potato-Baked potatoes loaded with any kind of toppings you want and all on steroids, they're huge.
Funnel Cakes - duh.
Cinnamon Rolls-holy yum yum.
Apple Dumplings - super gooey yummy.

This time, I got the cheeseburger but only ate 1/2. Had about 1/2 a corn dog. Tried to eat the nacho fries but they were too greasy, so I only had a few. And that was it. I was proud of myself.

No comments: