Sunday, June 11, 2006

Housewarming, Gaming and Laying

So we had quite the weekend build up. Friday and Saturday morning/afternoon we had the task of finishing the house because at 4:00pm family and friends would be viewing our house, some of them, for the first time. Friday night I had planned to stay up late to finish my office. That didn't pan out, I was exhausted from the week and passed out at 10:00pm. I woke up the next morning around 8 to find Erin doing some work outside and her office was done. She stayed up Friday night and put her office together. So I ate some toast and got to work. I worked on the kitchen, living room since that is where everyone would spend most of their time. It took me a lot longer than I thought. Also, I was putting together some dips and ran out of mayonaise. 3 liquor stores and 30 very valuable minutes lost and I was back on my way home. I finshed said area around 11:30am. I wanted to be done with my office around 2:30pm. Well let's just say at 3:40 I was getting in the shower and I left the house at 4:00pm to head to Costco and to get some ice. By the time I got back, most everyone was there. It was a little crazy at first but a lot of fun. It was so nice to see a majority of the people we loved (not everyone could be here that we wanted) all together in our house. So card playing commensed for a couple hours and once that diminished we decided on a game of El Grande. It was an awesome day. After everyone left, I sat in the chair drinking the rest of my coke and SoCo and just smiling. We had a lot of fun and hope everyone else did too. I finally settled down around 2:00am and went to bed.

Sunday we woke up with nothing to do, well clean the kitchen but we'd do that later. We sat around and watched some tv. Not a whole lot on, so I ran to Target then to Blockbuster to grab some movies. I got home and we watched Rumor Has It. Pretty cute, I'd recommend it. Then we busted out Balloon Cup and Lost Cities (5 rounds). That took up a couple hours. Made some chicken fajitas, cleaned up and played Balloon Cup again. Played Suduko, racing style, I lost both rounds but enjoyed the iPod. Nothings ever that bad when the iPod is playing.

So we sat around some more and now here I am. Tomorrow night we game again... aww what a shame. Damn it's good to be back. :)

No comments: