Thursday, May 06, 2010

Respecting What is Asked

I really am putting forth an effort to take care of things in a way that best suits me and the people who choose to be involved in the happenings of my everyday life.  I am watching my mom go through the battle of her life, literally.  Her situation has put a lot of things into perspective for me.  Too little, too late some may say, to those of you who say that... maybe it best we go our separate ways.  We'll always have the memories and for that I can smile for this moment and I thank you for what you have shown me.  I can't have the past hung over my head for the rest of my life, that will hinder my growth and life is too short to have that kind of feeling lingering around.  You are entitled to your feelings, I would never deny you of that.  I can only respect your feelings and we agree to disagree.

I do not want pity.  I get enough of those 'tilted-head' looks as it is.  I just need understanding people in my life and for what ever reason, the universe has given me some amazing people these past few weeks.  I didn't ask, there they were/are, just like that.  Those days when I just want to curl up and give in, well they are becoming fewer and farther between.  I know the battle is long from over but at least I'm trying.

Multiple parties have asked me to do things for their sake and I think I have handled each one of you the best way I can with what I have going on.  I understand that some of you don't agree with my methods as of late but know that I am responding to people who have approached me.  I am doing my best.  That may not be good enough for you and I'm sorry for that.  I really truly am.  I've been carrying anger and I haven't done that in years.  I realized it yesterday and it made me sad, really sad.  I can't do that.  I refuse to be THAT girl again.  I have enough on my plate and adding angry girl isn't going to make any of it easier.

Just know that I love each of you and I'm here but I'm respecting the bounds that have been set by some of you, either from lack of communication, emails, texts, etc.

It really is strange how an illness can change so many ways you look at life and the things around you.  

1 comment:

The Mean Bookstore Girl said...

And what about those of us that haven't given you bounds? That have bit our tongues, and let you make your mistakes? That have offered to be of some use but, I presume because you know that offer comes with a risk truthfulness, you chose not to take it? What box are you going to package me into, friend?