Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Oh the time has come, the walrus said...

These have been some wicked busy weeks.  Accerated cake class may not have been all it was cracked up to be at first mention.   As I do enjoy them, it was tough to have classes back to back like that.  I'm really looking forward to the lesiurely weekend class that is in November.  I also went to a workshop in Action, CA one Saturday afternoon to learn elegant cupcakes and some of the things you can do to make them really pretty.



Monday Night Football with the lesbians has also returned so I made some cupcakes with a nice 2 tone green to celebrate :)




We learned how to use and work with fondant in this last class.  She showed us different tools and mats to imprint in the fondant.  Techniques she uses to form fondant and such.  We made a single layer bridal cake on the 2nd night.




My super cool hair stylist asked me to make some cupcakes for her grandsons birthday.  They had a hot wheels/Nascar kinda theme to them.


Then our final night of fondant class we got to make a wedding cake.  I didn't get to spend near as much time as I would have liked but here's the base of it.  Of course it's Halloween inspired.

Here is the top.



Here is a close up of the bottom and the border.



Here is the whole cake.  I put Halloween M&M's in the pillars :)

 

Overall, I'm loving these classes and any technique or project I can get my hands on.  In a couple weeks, Lex and I are heading to a workshop on "How to turn cookies into cakes."  Yeah don't ask, I have no idea and that's what makes it so exciting.

No comments: