Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cookie Cakes

So I found a group called 'Southern California Cake Club' and they have little workshops.  More social than formal which is pretty nice.  The one downside which isn't huge is that they are about an hour and 45 minutes away.  I do like driving and this isn't bad during the weekends but makes it kinda tough during a weeknight.  Last night we went there for a 'Cookie Cake' workshop.  No I don't know what this meant which is one of the reasons I really wanted to go.

Later, I saw that you make cakes out of cookies, so I thought you glued cookies onto actual cakes.  Nope, still wrong.  You actually take different size cookies and stack them on each other to resemble cakes with royal icing.  It was a lot of fun and really cute.  We got there kinda late and didn't get to make as many as everyone else but we still got 3 each which isn't too bad.  The funniest thing was there were still dozens and dozens of cookies but they were left on the counter... oops.  Anyway, we finished up about an hour and half later and got back on the road a lot earlier than planned so that was good.  We stopped at Coldstone for some ice cream and learned that we can't eat a whole one (of the small size even) and that we should share one as to not waste $9.  Oh well, it was a really fun night and I enjoyed myself.

No comments: