Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rainbow Cake Extrava-gay-za

So yesterday June 17th, marks the 1 year anniversary that Gay & Lesbian couples were allowed to legally marry in California. Well that is no longer but it's inevitable so fight as you will you crazy right wing bible beaters, you're wasting your money on hate... shameful. Anyway, don't want to ruin such an awesome day with people who promote hate.

A community wide event was had by the LGBTQ. Alix and I like to help out with stuff sometimes and the universe knows I love to bake. They needed cakes and asked me if I'd be interested. HECK YES. So Alix and I invaded our very sweet friend Patty's house and made cakes... lots and lots of cakes. Here are cakes and decorating process.


Montage of what I starred at for 3 hours.


Cakes starring at me and one about to be frosted. Oh and my water.

Ooh ooh 1/2 way done.
Pretty blue cake.
YAY all done!

And then it happened... As I set that last cake on the counter, I felt itchie. I ran to the bathroom... yep. Hives. Took a pill, cleaned up, people arrived and I had to go home. I was sad sad and wanted to cry but that makes it worse. A few hours later I was fine. Alix came home from work and drove me over there and the cakes looked super cool cut open... I'll post those later. Happy Homo Anniversary!!!

No comments: