Monday, June 08, 2009

"I finished my dinner so now I'm going outside to play."

That is what I said yesterday when I finished dinner at my parents house. The more I think about it, the funnier it is. I mean, I'm 32 why in the world would I need to announce such a thing. My mom and dad just laughed, they are used to my antics at this point in our lives.

My cousin has a mini helicopter and I've wanted one for a long time but have yet to spend the coins. He had crashed his many times and never played with it so he was cool with letting me use his. I hopped off my chair, threw my plate away, put my glass in the sink, grabbed the helicopter and got some quick instructions and headed out the front door. I thought moms grass would be the best place to crash...er...fly it. I was right I crashed it a lot, in the bushes, in the rocks, the side of the house, it bounced off the roof... impressive right? He warned me that is didn't turn very well and any wind would take it. Seeing as how it was windy outside I never got very good at flying it. The grass was very gentle with it though, it bounced nicely here and there. I wasn't very good with lift off from the ground so I made a launching pad on top of one of mom's bushes that was a perfect height. At least I didn't crash into cars. Then it died and I was sad. I walked back in, put it on the charger again and waited for an hour.

My cousin told me it's easier to fly it in the house. I told him he was crazy with my dad's 65" TV sitting right there. Proof be told, later when I took it home and flew it in my bedroom, the wing tip snapped off on the door... I should stick with grass. :p

No comments: