Thursday, April 17, 2008

In this edition:

*Pitching Lessons
*Suprise for Dinner
*Geocaching

So Monday was my first official paid pitching lesson. My boss gave my number to a guy who wanted to get his daughter some lessons. So I pull up to the house and WOW. It's ginormous. I notice on the back of his truck he has a Root Beer King sticker on it. MMmm, I love me some RBK. Sadly, it is all the way on the other side of town so I tend to forget about it.

Anyway, I walk in and see one of the tallest 10 yr. olds since my God-Daughter. Very nice family. So she starts to throw. Thankfully her bad habits aren't the worst habits one can have. So I watch her for a few pitches before I start to interject. Her foot is by far the worst but with constant reminders, it's fairly simple to fix. Dad was enjoying the way she was focusing while I was there. She is tall and lengthy and that definitely works to her advantage. She throws pretty hard and fairly accurate for not having an "real" training.

Dad seems happy, she seemed to enjoy it and dad would like me twice a week for awhile. YAY! I like her she seems pretty quiet and shy but I'm hoping to bring it out of her.

Lesson #2
Wednesday was the 2nd meeting and I got to hear how she pitched the day before in her game. She hit a batter, walked some girls AND THEN struck out 3 :) woohoo She also got hit by the other pitcher but I told her that was how life worked sometimes, you get hit and you hit people that's how the world stays fair. She laughed at that and said, "yeah that makes sense I guess." Fun kid, I like her and can't wait to see how she evolves in the next couple of weeks. The creme de la creme was the way she ended the lesson... I told her, "okay last pitch, if you have your foot turned, finish with your hand up and throw a strike." So the next pitch... was her last pitch. Okay I was impressed usually it takes at least 5, she did it right on call. NICE!

Dad has requested me for 2 days again next week. I am A-OKAY with that and right now the money definitely is big help and super appreciated. It's nice to do something you love and make money doing it.

*sidebar: so when I walked in for the 2nd lesson, I noticed the menus on the table. HE does own Root Beer King! Very cool :)

So in talking with my boss about yummy food, we tend to do this a lot at work, he happened to mention that he ate at a Checkers the night before by his house! WELL HELLO! The girl loves Ralley's/Checkers and I almost exploded with excitement at the idea of being able to take her there. Since we were geocaching in the park that evening I thought grabbing some Checkers and eating at the park would be nice, then we could walk off dinner :) So we headed across town and I saw it first and then she saw it and got all giddy like a little kid. We decided to get 2 meals and split them so we could have a little variety. The fries, as always, rocked and we happily ate our food at the park. YAY for suprises!

So the girl decided she wanted to find some geocaches and since the evenings have been so nice we decided to go out Tuesday night and find a few. She got the GPS working on the Big Rig finally, loaded it up and I printed out a few sheets from work and off we went to Riverwalk after finishing our super yummy dinner. So I thought it best to head toward one I have already found so I could help lead her. It can be tough when you have no idea what you're looking for. She looked around and got really close but she looked at me with a sad face and said, "I can't find it." So I had sat down to make sure it was still there and I couldn't see it anymore from the first time I had found it. She had bent down at one point and should have looked right at it and didn't see it. So when she had given up, I walked over and put my hand where it should have been and pulled it out. She said, "I LOOKED there!" It was hidden by some bars where she just happened to bend down but at least now she got the idea. So we logged it and moved on to the next one.

We got fairly close and I had a pretty good idea based on the title and she was catching on really fast and saw it from where we were standing. Logged it and moved on. She found the next 2 as well. She liked it and was having fun but we were all done. I'm glad she enjoys it like I do. So we got home and she even logged them and moved the geocoin around. I love how fast she catches on to things. We'll probably go out again this weekend for a bit.

So that's the past 3 days basically... good times, good times. There was also a game of Ticket to Ride Europe in there with our friend Denise on Monday night. She rocked that game too. Tonight is Pirates Cove :)

No comments: