Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What a weekend...

Friday night, some friends came over and we were going to head to Monolith, a teeny tiny work area right outside of Tehachapi, CA. There was a cache up there that still hadn't been found. It was recommended at night so we thought we'd go for it... well that story will be told in it's entirety in the caching blog, to be updated soon :) stayed tuned...

So Saturday we headed out at 8:30am and got a call at 8:50am to make sure we were on our way because lines were forming to be rated... ut oh. So we got there and there were A LOT more girls than last weekend. I was definitely going to have to keep on a tight schedule. I had my first girls pretty quickly. All I can say is thank goodness they stop taking sign-ups at noon. We were so backed up we didn't finish till 2:30pm! No lunch, no breaks and we were tired. I had to pitch a lot of balls and my back was sore.

That pretty much decided for us that we weren't geocaching. We picked up a very well, hard earned pizza and went home. We ate, fell a sleep and then laid around. We were beat and Sunday was suppose to be busier... lovely.

Sunday turned out a very big surprise.... we were done by 12:40pm. What the heck? All we had been hearing is how the busiest day is the last Sunday because so many people procrastinate. Turns out the majority came on Saturday. We were thankful for the light day.

I just wish my allergies would go away... or so I thought. I got another dang cold. I think the cold with the sweating, then cold again didn't work out so well for me. So I went to work Monday morning, then came home a couple hours later that morning and slept. I'm just now feeling back to me again. What a long past 5 days. I'm looking forward to this weekend, more geocaching... oh yeah, I'm way obsessed :)

No comments: