Friday, January 12, 2007

Howard the King

I must say, all my time is going to caring for Howie. Everyone thought I babied him before...pfft. He isn't allowed outside for a few days. I'm not ready for it yet. I don't care how much he bellows about it. I took him to the vet. Coming home yesterday for lunch, I felt his cut and there was now a large lump underneath. I called the vet and explained his situation and they got me in after work. After holding him down and the vet tech pushing down on it a little, lots of puss came out. It was nasty. He barely had to touch it and lots and lots of puss. Bleah! So as that cleared out, you could see 2 very distincitve holes. Howie had been in a fight and something bit him very hard. That's why he ran away, he was scared and in hiding. They took him in the back, cleaned it out some more, injected the holes with antibiotics and he was now on a pill regimine. You could see down one of the holes, it was yucky. He has a recheck in 10 days... keeping the fingers crossed. It's a good thing we took him in when we did, it could have been much worse.

I talked to Howie and I told him I would let him out Sunday, during the day, in 15 minute blocks. He didn't like the way that sounded...

No comments: