Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Sand

I was having a great conversation this morning with a friend. She asked how I was doing as of late since my last month was such a dismal, spiraling, personal hell. I answered, "very well." I took a moment on my birthday to regroup. I found what I was doing wrong, the extreme side of me took over and unfortunately, I couldn't see that at the time.

I grabbed a handful of sand from Love, Cake Business, My Parents/Family, Work, My Health and The House. I tried to grab all of them at once and hold on tight. Well, what happens when you grab a handful of sand? It slips through your fingers and you're only left with a few grains. My initial reaction to just grab and be able to handle it all, was the beginning of my demise. I forgot one simple thing: work smarter. Instead of grabbing buckets to carry the sand or asking for help, I thought I could get by with just a handful of each.

I am listening, very intently to those closely around me. There are some troubling signs there but I am ready to help in any way I can, keeping mind of my personal buckets of life that need careful care as well.

Moving forward slowly is still moving forward... remember that when you find yourself struggling in life.

No comments: