Sunday, September 19, 2010

Disneyland and the Halloween Gift

So after months of trying to go to Disneyland, we finally made our way to the Magic Kingdom after a short trip to LAX to drop Cristi off for her 10 day stint in Louisiana. We entered the gates right after 10:am, we stopped at Target to get some pants for Blayzz since it was much cooler than expected, then we sat in the parking lot while Tee caught up on her Facebook. I was 10 minutes from Disney and she had to "like" stuff first LOL

We had plans, Blayzz and I were heading to the lockers while Tee went to get fast passes for Space Mtn, then we were gonna meet at Indiana Jones (the direction of Haunted Mansion huge giddy girlie squeals here). Well that was a HUGE bust, the lockers were temporarily closed while a suspious bag was being checked out. We head to Indiana Jones and it's shut down temporarily... wow. Off to PotC I tried to skip it but it didn't work LOL I'm sorry, my feet were ready for HM. Love me some Pirates! Then to HM with all the Nightmare Before Christmas decorations in tact. The new gingerbread house was awesome, love the hidden Mickey spiderweb plates on the table... can we go again? lol Off to Splash Mtn... holy crap we got soaked! We zig zagged all over the park. They wanted to get on some Big Kid rides at DCA so I flew solo for awhile shopping. It was awful. I had to talk myself out of purses, I bought a super cute dress, scarf, bracelet and a few other trinkets. I tried to meet them at DCA to ride soarin' but there was a parade and I was stuck... so I shopped some more LOL

They had a special Halloween reusable bag that I HAD to have. I finally got up to the Emporium on Main street and found one there. I put all my bags in it and was happy to lug that around. My last purchase before heading to DCA was a Halloween Ghost bucket of popcorn, love it. They had them up front so I popped in a long line since as far as I could tell, that was the only cart that had them. In front of me, stood a mom and daughter. I was texting when the daughter tapped my arm asking where I got my super cute Halloween bag. *gasp* An admirer of all things Halloween! YAY :o)

She had this cute little gleam in her eye as she asked me where I got my bag. I pointed to the Emporium and her reply was a very sweet thank you. She continued to play patty cakes with her mom and asked if she could, please please have one. I'm not sure if she was autisic or which handicap she had but she was so super sweet. Her mom kindly explained to her that she had been bought lots of goodies that day and that it would give her something to look forward to the next time they came. The girl took the news very well that she would Not be going home with a Halloween bag. I had watched many kids that day have meltdowns over "I want, no you can't have it" scenarios. I'm not saying all special needs kids are prone to being over dramatic and having huge tantrums but it IS very common and that is a fact. I was VERY impressed by this girl. My guess was she was about 13-15 years old.

I stepped out of line, ran to the Emporium in hopes I could get her a bag and get back to the line before they left. I grabbed the bag, found a checker with no one in it and ran back out. They still had like 7 people in front of them. I tapped the mom on the arm, said "I think she needs to have this. I love Halloween too and I can tell she does too. Please enjoy and have a great rest of the night." I walked off to get back at the end of the line. About 5 mintues later they came back to the end of the line and the mom said, "she really wants to give you a hug and say thank you. I still can't believe you did that for her and I can't thank you enough." Those 2 hugs made Disneyland THAT much better. I couldn't stop smiling.

Remember friends: It really is about the little things...

1 comment:

TLW said...

Amazing the little ones that make you smile even more than you already are from just being at Disneyland. Like the little boy that me me smile when we were there the time before that =)> Good job of "paying a smile forward" ♥