Friday, August 21, 2009

Cancer

Interesting how a 6 letter word can invoke such fear into a person. I'm having some health problem, girl issues to be a little more exact. No one needs gory details, just something that happens sometimes. I've begun the process of going to the doctor and trying some pills for treatment. So far so good. In the first series of tests, she tested me for Ovarian Cancer. I don't know a time I've felt so small and helpless. When it's all said and done, I had too many things on my side for it to come up negative and I just had to keep reminding myself of that.

I was suppose to get my results the day before we left for CT but a call 2 days later led me to believe that I had to have the whole (invasive, massively painful) biopsy done again. Turns out I didn't have to have that part done, just another very basic thing done. *phew* My results also came back negative :)

I am making true efforts to get back into shape and it's tough and I fall off the wagon more than I'd like but I'm still trudging along and my clothes are slowly fitting better.

So let's see how these pills work and I'll keep my best foot forward.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Audrey, I had no idea. I know that you said you didn't want to worry anyone needlessly, but that must have been very scary to go through.

I have been trying to get healthy as well, snacking better, cutting back on the soda. It's really hard, especially when you are so used to certain things. Baby steps!!

Good luck to you!!