Wednesday, April 29, 2009

DisneyLand!

My parents gave me a cool present this year... a trip for Lex and I to go to Disneyland. The small problem was she got sick around my birthday then I got sick, then she got sick again. :| So we got an I.O.U. and as soon as she had a day off and I had some down time at work, we were going to do it. So last Friday was the day!

I hauled it down there in 1hr and 45 minutes! woohoo Yay for the flow of traffic. I was so excited that I forgot to stop beforehand and buy us lunch... oops. Lex had oodles of luck and we decided she would make the decisions for the day. While we were in line a lady bug landed on her shoulder, we got through the ticket line fast and headed right over to Space Mountain. We walked almost all the way up to the top, moved a little, moved a little... stopped. Talking talking talking... still hadn't moved. DudeDisney comes out... says it's "broke down" but should be running in 15-20 minutes. *hold up buttercup* You want me to get on a ride that broke down? Lex then made the decision to move on... so we hopped out of line and headed to the next fierce ride: Alice in Wonderland :) About 5 minutes in we here "oh my God Lesbians!" Turn around and 2 gays were standing next to us. I giggled and said "yay family." One of them proceeded to show us his matching belt and wallet. He got them from Spencers, I'd like the wallet, it was cool. So we kept running into them in line and then saw them again next on Mr. Toads wild ride... then they gave us fast passes to space mountain but we opted to grab some food. Pizza and a hot dog later and we were off to Indiana Jones. I love this ride. At one point, I look over at Lex and she has the biggest kid smile on her face ever. We started to walk off and she said, "that is my favorite ride!" It was so cute, she really liked it and wanted to get on it again. We then trucked over the the Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Snow Whites scary adventure. I'm gonna pause here.

Snow White's Scary adventure is dumb. I'm sorry if you like it but WTH? I had never been on it and on our way back to the storybook cruise it had like zero line so we decided to go for it. It's all here's Snow White, here's the dwarfs, here's the queen... then gets creepier and scarier and then the witch is trying to give me a poison apple *chants* doom and gloom - doom and gloom... then the door open... and a big story book is in front of you and says "and they lived happily ever after." WHAT? A witch tries to give me a poison apple and then they live happlily ever after... did I miss a turn or two on the cart? Fix it Disney, fix it now.

Alright, *sits up straight* so then it gets fuzzy but we got a shit ton of rides; Storybook Cruise, Small World, Star Tours, Buzz Light Year (I highly recommend this one - I want all the framily to go and we have a contest for high scores), back to Pirates (while grabbing a fast pass to Indiana Jones), to Haunted Mansion, finishing with Indiana Jones and then shopping :)

I got some cool pins and we had lots of fun. I might have missed some rides? So we got in the park around noon and left at Midnight! My foot was killing me but it was so worth it.



No comments: