Sunday, January 27, 2008

1 month to go...

Alright so basically it's a month till my birthday. So for those of you that don't want to think -- it's 2/27/77 (*eh hem* 'Nise!) The past few birthdays haven't gone over so well, ESPECIALLY the last one. I mean I hear some people don't take them so well but I REALLY didn't like my 20-10 birthday, which is what I had referred to it as.

Over the past few months I've had a lot of time to reflect. I find myself looking over my life and while there are some things I wish I could have done differently, they all have led me to this point and therefore I can not regret them but I've grown, found more of who I am and love life more than ever. Now even luckiler than all of this? I have been given the blessing of a very wonderful girl who understands my soul, my quirks and makes me believe in myself when sometimes I don't want to. I've always been a cheerleader of my partners, friends and family but it's really nice to have someone lead me into myself with gentleness and caring, she is my biggest cheerleader and it's nice.

Which leads me to my premonth birthday blog of today. I never loved 30 up until a couple of months ago. Would I want to do my 20's again? Nope. Then I wouldn't be where I am today... 'a lot a bit' loved by my matching soul, a little more balanced and really embracing the who that makes me, well me.

I love Alix.
I love my friends and how each one is a part of me in some way and are helping to evolve me even more.
I love my family, every one of them, even the ones I don't know yet. (yes you can laugh and yes my family is that big)

Some people give their thanks around Thanksgiving but sometimes we need to do it when the mood inspires us. If you're reading this, chances are you've inspired me in some way and I can't thank you enough for being a part of my life at some point.

"We are only as great as the people we surround ourselves with." ~a

No comments: