Monday, March 31, 2008

One Liners from Mom

I'm not sure what happened or maybe I do know but my mom is evolving in her age. Evolving how you ask? She is getting a sense of humor. Well a better one anyway. My dad called and invited us to lunch with them and my cousin. Alix and I won't turn down free food and it's more time to play "get to know Alix" for them. So we went to Olive Garden on Saturday afternoon for a late lunch.

We were all discussing what we were getting and even discussed appitizers. I mentioned getting the Fonduta to which my mom said, "that sounds like a fungus or a disease, I'll stick with the articoke dip." Okay for my mom that's funny.

So then a bit later she looks at my cousin and asks him what he had ordered within his sampler platter and he said chicken strips, fried ravoli's... to which she cut him off and very seriously looked at him and said, "who comes to an Italian resturant and orders chicken strips?" *cracks up* His reply was, "they're Italian chickens." Okay this is great stuff.

As we're eating salad the discussion once again comes up about my mom being in labor for 43 hours. Alright, I'm stubborn, it was warm I didn't want out, give me a break. We were talking about how old my parents were and Alix mentioned her dad was 70 which totally took my mom aback and then came up the discussion of Alix being adopted and how her parents were really her true mom and dad since she had been with them since she was 4 months old. My mom's reply to this, "ehh, that's alright being in the womb is overrated." *falls down laughing*

Nice mom... good stuff.

1 comment:

Lex said...

You're mom rocks! :)