Thursday, March 27, 2008

Finishing up the trip and Updates of sorts



Well we landed at Stateline (Primm, NV) around 1:30am Wednesday night/well Thursday morning on March 12th/13th. We checked into our room and I had to do a little happy dance. It was an awesome drive over Hoover Dam at night, they are doing some major construction on it and it was neat to coast through there. We got to see Vegas from the other side and it was as beautiful as ever. It was a $150 cheaper to stay at stateline so we decided the extra 40 minutes was worth it and we could always drive back in if we wanted to. We woke up the next morning, grabbed some lunch and headed to Old Navy to do some shopping. We also decided to stay another night, neither one of us wanted to be back in the car even though it was only 4.5 hours till home. We deserved a break and it was only $24 to stay there a night. We shopped for about 3 hours in the mall, went back to the room and laid around the rest of the night. It was perfect. The next day we got up and packed, grabbed some breakfast, hit a couple of caches and hit the road. I don't think that drive has ever seemed so short to me. I barely felt like we were even in the car. 4.5 hours vs. 16 hours is huge. I was so happy to make that last trek down the Tehachapis and bring that girl home. We walked into our apartment and unloaded the car... we were finally home. *huge sigh*



The next couple of days were of us laying around, napping and getting groceries. Saturday I was hell bent on getting her a kitten, it's all she's talked about for months so we went out to the animal shelter, 2 Petsmarts, the SPCA and then to Petco where we found the little tiny grey kitten. Alix instantly fell in love with her so we adopted the kittenbaby. We shopped around the store and then picked her up when we were finished to take her home. She was very shy and scared. It took a few days and a lot of attention but now we can't keep her off of us and she is a spoiled baby. Her name is Ash... she is a petite smokey grey kitten. She fetches really well and has a pretty funny personality.


So Monday came too quickly and back to work I went. Not as bad as I thought but work is work and I'm lucky to have the job I have. Unfortunately, on Wednesday I got sick. I couldn't take any time off and just had to work through it. It just kept getting worse and worse... finally the pain was too much and no sore throat gets worse and worse unless something is wrong. I went to the doctor the following Monday to find I have strep throat. The doctor was surprised I could breath since my tonsils were basically touching, ewww. I had to get a shot and it sucked. Now 3 days later, I'm finally starting to feel a little better.

Last Saturday consisted of us going to Color Me Mine with friends so Alix could finish our rainbow mugs and work on our toothbrush holder. I worked on my platter a little more which is finally coming along. I'll take a pic of it soon to update it. Sunday we spent a nice Easter at my mom and dads. I was surprised that my parents came and sat outside with us and joined in on the conversation, it was really nice. I can tell my mom wants to get to know Alix better and that makes me happy. We're going to start having bowling nights again so we can hang out, I'm looking forward to it. My mom really wants to be apart of my life and I do too, its nice that she really does only care about my happiness :)

Alix seems to be settling into CA pretty well and her flip flops have probably never seen so much of the outside this consistantly. Usually the weather back East is still pretty cold and rainy, so she's enjoying all of the sun and being in shorts all of the time. I couldn't be any happier that she's here. Everything is fitting so nicely and that just makes my heart smile all the time.


No comments: