Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Spring Cleaning AKA: My plan to get the house ready.

So with softball, committee's and meetings. I'm finding myself stretched thin, not physically, but we can't get everything all at once or can I? Anyway, geocaching came to a screeching, ear clinching, heels in the ground hault. It's sad but that is low on the priorities list :(

The house is taking a beating and that makes me sad because we worked so hard to get the darn thing in the first place. She wants to be painted and decorated and by golly, we'll get her there. First things first, must get cleaned up, cleaned out and organized. 3 of my FAVORITE things to do. Phase 1 started yesterday, I brainstormed. I made "clean house" in the center and drew lines out from the middle, each line being a room, bathroom, yard, garage, etc. From there I visually figured out what needed to be done and drew more and more lines. Then, Phase 2, I went into Access and set up a cleaning template with each room then it's subcategories. (Oh yes my friends, I'm this twisted and enjoyed every moment of this). Then across the top I set up Week of 5th, Week of 12th and Friday the 23rd. Next to each respective week I picked 2-3 days that I have scheduled cleaning duties. I have it set to be done on Friday the 23rd. Now, those of you who truly know me will also know this has now become a personal challenge to finish before the set deadline. Again, yes, I am this obsessive.

Guess what? Today begins Phase 3: Execution of said plan. I wonder how much I will get done :) This being, AFTER practice of course because nothing can get started or done till after practice...

No comments: