Thursday, March 22, 2007

I went for a walk and I got hives...

So after a long day, I was looking forward to going home and wearing the dogs out and going right to bed. However, my body had other plans. We had work, softball practice, then athlete of the month. We didn't get home till after 8:00pm. The dogs had been alone for 8 hours and were hyped up. We decided to take them for a walk so they could run off some energy. We took them to some dirt fields and let them go.

As we came back and walked up the driveway, I felt really warm around my neck like I was getting hives. I thought maybe something bit me and my reaction was some hives, not completely unnatural for me. However, as I removed my shirt I had some very curious looking welts on my arms, legs and stomach. As I was frantically searched for some medicine, they got worse, a lot worse and spread all over... I was one big welty rash.

So after some phone calls, home remedies, a trip to the ER, I was back home in bed by 12:30am. I still had some welts but I looked a hundred times better and felt better too. I woke up and was super sleepy. Adrenaline will wipe you out every time. I re-checked in with a nurse today and I'm pretty good, just tired. Damn hives. Have no idea what caused them, have no idea why they magically disappeared in the ER waiting room...

No comments: