Friday, April 12, 2013

Symphony of Illumination

This is the name of the Episode from How I Met Your Mother where Robin finds out she can't have kids.  I sympathize in the fact that I've never wanted to have my own children, she is quite adamant episode after episode about never wanting children until she finds out that she can't.

I think it's different saying you don't want to have something.  It's your choice, you're in control, it's ultimately your decision but when you're told you can't have or do something it's... different.

I was basically told with current health conditions that I can't have children.  My body doesn't 'cycle' correctly for this to happen.  Yes, it does make me very sad to think that I can't but on the flip side of that very same coin, I still don't want to have kids.  I've always looked at kids in such 'aww' and I love nothing more than to hear little kid giggles or baby 'cooo's.'  I find myself looking at kids a little longer in stores or restuarants lately and there is an odd tug inside but again... I don't feel a need to carry a child.

It's been a week since I was given this info and it's still just sitting there.  I haven't told anyone (only one knows but that's because she was with me) but I know I needed to get it out.  This is my safe place for reminders, memories and notes of things of such nature.  This is where I come to "get it out" and move forward.  I may find that someday, I may want to actually talk to someone but until then... here I write.

No comments: