Wednesday, April 11, 2012

So yeah, I'm THAT girl.

My list of ex's is short.  No, really, like less than one hand.  For one reason or another, after the sadness and hurt have passed, I have been blessed (or lucky) enough to keep each as friends.  So much in fact that one may be my roomie for a bit and another called me today in the middle of a full blown meltdown and said this to me... "You know me better than anyone." Now, she has a partner whom she is truly in love with.  They are in the midst of adopting and I'm so happy for them both, no really, I am.  But I have had the pleasure of being her friend since the age of 10.  Our families were close for many years and with that much time under our belts, it just makes sense that we "know" one another. We've shared a lot of experiences and it's nice that our circle has completed back to 'Friend.'
At the end of the day, all I want for anyone I care for, intimately or not, is to be happy.  I strive to find happy some days, I know how important it is for the soul.
So there I sat at work, listening to her.  Feeling her pain in her words and just listening.  Asking questions at the appropriate pauses, taking it in.  So as she finished she said, "you know how I like being comfortable... so what do you think?"
My answer was simple and I literally could hear the light bulb moment in her sigh.  I am so thankful that she and I can still chat.  I don't like for others to be unhappy or uncomfortable.  I hope she gets her comfort back soon.

Blessings to you dear friend <3

No comments: