Tuesday, November 09, 2010

OH... now I get it.

I've been told that I can get done more in one evening after working an 8 hour day than most people get done in a week. I like that I can do that. I hadn't really noticed but it's pretty cool that other people do. I realized why last night.

As of right now, I really don't look forward to weekends. They are full of things that I would normally accomplish during the week and as weekends are passing and I'm still not finishing, I head back into the week with a heavy feeling. I realize the reason I bust my ass all week is so I can "play" all weekend and not feel guilty about it. So if friends or family ask last minute to do something I don't have to have that sinking feeling of saying no and wishing "shoulda/coulda/woulda." I've let some projects fall by the wayside, thinking I can catch up but it's not working and I'm missing out a lot of things. I am giving myself 8 business days to get this fixed. It's going to be tough, it's going to be tiring but it's going to be worth it and that's what I strive for. I want a normal schedule again. I want to get this right, not just for myself but for my partner and for us.

No comments: