Sunday, October 07, 2007

4:00am, Texas Hold 'Em, Fried Chocolate Wontons & New Friends

Friday night I spent the better part of the evening helping to set up for a Yard Sale Fundraiser for the Bakersfield LGBTQ. Wow that was a lot of stuff but kinda hard to really set up for a yard sale till the day of, so we did what we could and headed home around 9:00pm.

Enter 4:00am on my clock. Now mind you, I have seen that time on my clock many a time in the past couple of months. We typically like to go to bed around 6:00am so 4 is about a drink break or something... but to get up at this time? That's a whole other kinda can of worms. I pried myself out of bed, got into all my comfy Boston gear (afterall they had a nice win the previous night) and headed to grab donuts for the gang. I got there about 5:15ish. Zombie like I started moving stuff around and getting things into workable areas. Around 6 we had a few guys looking at things... but for the most part it was scarce. We had weird rushes throughout the day but overall we made some great money and had fun. I walked around snapping pics of the house and yard for the Halloween party. I have lots of ideas but I figured it would be easier to have reminders in front of me. Jenn and I are suppose to meet at some point to work stuff out.

I got home about 2:00pm, took a shower, got comfy in bed and decided a nap was in order. I hadn't heard from my friends, so I didn't know if Texas Hold 'Em was in the cards for the night (yes bad pun intended). About 5 I got a txt asking if I was still meeting them for dinner and to hang out. I crawled out of bed, got ready and headed out the door to Casa Munoz, mmm Mexican Food. We had a good dinner and I showed Jenn some of the pics I took of the house. We went by the store to get some drinks and snacks and off we went to Patty's house.

What an adorable little house. Imagine if you will (just do it) walking into a cottage type house with wooden floors, candles perfectly placed and lit, music playing in the background and 2 of the cutest girls cooking together in the kitchen. I was introduced to Courtney and Patty. Patty was making fried chocolate wontons and Courtney was putting powder sugar on them... all I can say is mmmmmmmmm. I enjoyed quite a few of those that night.

So I also met Kat & Alisa and Mel & Rhonda. We all settled into introductions, thank goodness there is never a test after meeting 6 new people. Everyone grabbed food, drinks and headed to the table. As some people had never played before, there was a short explanation of how it was played, blinds and betting. As I "helped" with some of the terms, I was labeled a card shark. Which is very comical since I am far from being a person who likes to gamble. I have dealt the game many a time (hence the reason I know it) I've watched it for countless hours and do enjoy the aspects of it but for me to actually play, not so much. However, on this night, it sounded like a lot of fun and I'm all about having fun.

I won the first game and then it was on... Patty had her eye on me lmao So we played for awhile and they have a fun house rule that if someone says something really funny you can tip them a Nickel. I got tipped a quarter once, sorry Denise for flicking you in the cheek but you were being mean! *giggles* Around 10ish the other 4 left and we stayed to play more, ordered pizza around 11 and spent a very good time just getting to know one another. Patty and Courtney are simply wonderful people and I'm glad I was lucky enough to meet them. I look forward to more nights hanging out.

Finally, around 1:00am we decided to call it a night. So much FUN! I headed home with one of those really good fuzzy feelings inside :)

No comments: